Hidden Costs Incurred For In-House Medical Secretaries
There are many hidden costs involved in in-house typing - it is not just the salary!
With the DICT8 service, we only charge you for what we type, so there are no extra hidden charges. This non-variable cost would normally be used as a guideline against the cost of a medical secretary.
Unfortunately the cost of a medical secretary is variable, as there are hidden costs involved. A list of some of the costs are presented below for your information.
Hidden Costs Incurred For In-House Medical Secretaries:
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Temp Cover
- Ongoing Pension Liabilities
- Physical Costs i.e. Hospital Space, equipment, consumables.
- Maternity Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Healthcare Schemes
- Additional staff bonuses
- Congratulatory & Condolence Leave
Also in a hospital environment, secretaries have the added daily interruptions whilst typing up letters etc.
- Phones ringing with patient queries
- Dealing with queries from doctors and other staff
- Finding requested notes and organising appointment lists
- Extra admin work
- Dealing with work on behalf of unavailable colleagues.