We are looking for experienced medical transcribers to join our team and type dictated letters and notes for medical practitioners. If you are interested then please fill out the form below, do not email or phone us separately.
DICT8 provides medical transcription services to the NHS and private practitioners. Our service allows them to outsource their medical transcription requirements. They will dictate their letters in the normal way, and we will provide them with typed documents, that are sent to them securely through the internet, ready for printing and posting
Benefits for transcribers
- You can manage your own work-flow: you decide how much transcription you wish to undertake- you are paid on a per line of transcription basis. You can also decide when you want to work and when you want to take time off. There is no minimum or maximum amount that you have to do.
- You can work from home: all that you need is a Windows PC running MS Internet explorer with an Internet connection.
- As you remain a self-employed contractor you can do our transcription in conjunction with, or instead of, any other employment that you may have. It can provide you with either a main source of income or supplement your existing pay.
How it works
- The Doctor dictates as usual into a supplied dictation machine.
- The dictation machine is synchronised with the Doctor’s PC, which uploads the file to the DICT8 server.
- The transcriber views a list of available work on the system through their web browser (e.g. MS internet explorer), and picks an available task
- The task is transcribed using the web browser to both listen to and type up the task.
- The Doctor or his secretary can download and print-out the document
- The transcriber invoices DICT8 Ltd. on a monthly basis for the transcription work that they have done.